- Arrays are sequences similar to lists, except that the type (and size) of each element in the array is constrained. For example, see bytearray below.
- Stands for Benevolent Dictator For Life. Guido van Rossum is the BDFL of Python.
- An array in which each element is an int x that satisfies 0 <= x <= 0xFF. bytearrays have special significance because they can be written to disk in binary mode.
- A popular programming language developed by Dennis Ritchie at Bell Labs in 1972.
- The original Python implementation written in C.
- Guido van Rossum
- A Dutch computer programmer who's best known for creating the Python programming language.
- Stands for Integrated Development Environment. It comes bundled with a CPython installation by default.
- A python implementation written in Java. Python code can be compiled to Java bytecode and it can easily interact with Java code and libraries.
- Keyword Argument
- An argument that doesn't follow a special, predefined order and is defined with a keyword.
- Positional Argument
- An argument that follows a special, predefined order that isn't defined with a keyword.
- Something that follows the idioms of Python.
- Something that doesn't follow or goes against the idioms of Python.
1. Python's documentation:
2. Python's methods:
3. Python's built-in functions: