Database Fundamentals for Java Programmers [Online Code]$74.99 Availability:
Available for download now
Number of Videos:
7 hours - 62 lessonsUser Level:
Database programming and design are core competencies expected of every Java programmer. This code-oriented course moves you toward competency by providing a detailed overview of how to program for the two most common types of database systems used today: The traditional relational RDBMS systems (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, and PostgreSQL) and the now popular non-relational NoSQL systems (e.g. Mongo DB and Apache Cassandra).
Filled with hands-on action, you'll work with three databases: SQLite3 (relational), PostgreSQL (relational), and MongoDB (NoSQL) and three APIs: JDBC, JPA, and the Java API for MongoDB. In addition, the course also covers the basics of schema design and normalization in RDBMSes.
- Acquire the database and design knowledge every Java programmer must possess
- Understand the distinctions in programming for relational systems vs. NoSQL systems
- Go hands-on with three popular database systems: SQLite3, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB
- Gain experience programming with the Java JDBC, JPA, and MongoDB APIs
- Explore the basics of schema design and normalization for RDBMS systems
- Learn to evaluate the trade-offs between lightweight and heavyweight database systems
- Course is designed for learners with basic Java skills and access to Java 8 or later
Martin Kalin has a Ph.D. from Northwestern University and is a professor in the College of Computing and Digital Media at DePaul University who's worked with Java since 1995. In addition to teaching, Martin is a commercial programmer who specializes in writing large software systems related to production planning and scheduling. He has co-written a series of books on C and C++ and is the author of six O'Reilly titles, including "Beginning Java Web Development" and "Learning Apache Tomcat".
|PC Minimum System Requirements:||PC Recommended System Requirements:|
- Processor: Any
- RAM: Any
- Hard Disk: 2GB
- Video Card: Any
- Supported OS: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows